Sunday, February 16, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #123- a sketch by Jen B.

Another cold week here in Minnesota. I escaped to Las Vegas last weekend for a quick reprieve. Wouldn't you know it was unseasonably cold there too. High 50's felt like heaven to me anyway! We are actually supposed to get up into the upper 30's this week, but after 4 to 5 inches of snow tonight. I'm glad tomorrow is a holiday, and I'll be home with my kids. Hopefully, I can sneak some card making in too. I did get a card done for the week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.

Here is my take on the sketch:

I didn't realize how hard it would be to photograph the gold foil paper. Using a flash gave off a glare, Not using it made it really dark and muted. I went with my dark and muted photo. 

Stampin' up! supplies used: 
Stamp sets: Papillion Potpourri, Perfect Pennants
Cardstock- Very Vanilla, Gold foil, Vellum
Designer Series Paper-
Ink- Versamark
Other-Gold Baker's Twine, Gold Stampin' Emboss powder, Bitty Butterfly punch


1 comment:

  1. VERY clever design with the one upside down butterfly and that sentiment! You are very creative. Even tho it's so hard to photo the foil papers, you still captured the beauty of your creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete