Sunday, February 23, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #124- a sketch by Karren

It has been another rotten week of weather in Minnesota, and school was closed again this past Friday. I have lived in Minnesota for most of my life, and I have never have seen this many school closings. We had a ton of snow last Thursday and the roads were still pretty risky today. I cannot wait for some warmer weather. I was trying to be optimistic with my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge and went with flowers. I hope to see some real ones sometime soon!


Here is my take on the sketch:

  
I do truly miss the color Poppy Parade for this stamp. It was the perfect color. Although, Calypso Coral works nicely too.


Stampin' up! supplies used: 
Stamp sets:Pleasant Poppies, Express yourself (hostess set)
Cardstock- Whisper White, Basic Black, Calypso Coral
Designer Series Paper-
Ink- Staz-on, Calypso Coral marker
Other-Candy dots


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful crisp and clean card! The colors really pop. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I love all of the layering and the pop of the coral against the black and white. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete